Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Update




Oh, where does the time go?

I cannot believe I have not blogged since July. Crazy. So, rather than bore you as I know we all have many, many blogs to read these days, here is a brief update.

Bella::
Started Kindergarten this year! This is a huge milestone for us as, when she was born, we were told "she would be lucky to live 'til Kindergarten". So, as expected, it was a very emotional time for me, especially. We were fortunate enough to find a school with a smaller class-size and a great teacher who has loved Bella and encouraged her in who God created her to be.

We did, however, find ourselves in quarantine for three weeks this Fall due to the H1N1 virus. I am not going to get into all of the controversy about the vaccine, but I will say, that when the Infectious Disease doctors from Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford (in the top five Children's hospitals in the world, #1 in pediatric transplant) send us a letter explaining the risk involved in H1N1 vs. a seasonal flu, and how, for kiddos like Bella, it is life-threatening. So, we pulled Bella out of school when H1N1 hit, and she remained quarantined for three weeks until we could get the injectable vaccination, at which time we did not have tuna for two weeks to offset the mercury! ;)

Abeni::
She is now just about 10 months old. She has four teeth. She is standing on her own, crawling all over the house, getting into everything, picking up and eating pieces of food on her own, and babbling like crazy.

The crazy thing is that I find myself calling my sister all the time, completely blown away by my baby's brilliance and premature milestones, only to find that she is hitting every benchmark right on time. ;) For us, it is a bit of a conundrum as we have never had a healthy baby before.

So, this is our little family in a nutshell. I will write more later, but for now, here are some pictures of our girls.





No comments: