Thursday, May 7, 2009

It is time.

We are wrapping things up here - signing our will, last minute errands, phone calls, etc.

Martin and I both vascillate between sheer terror and sheer joy. We have no idea how to be parents of two. Martin is sure feeling the reality of being WAY outnumbered by females in this household, and I can't say that I blame him! Reminding him that the dog is indeed male does not seem to bring any consolation.

I, for one, am terrified about leaving Bella. I know this is normal, but I think it is also tied to her sickness. I remember so clearly those days when I had to leave her hospital bed - if even for an hour. I remember the terror I felt when I found myslef in the E.R. at Stanford (and subsequently admitted) with a blood clot while my baby girl was just a couple floors and hallways away.

Luckily, my mind does not stay there. Luckily, I have seen things that could only be defined as miraculous. I also know that the fear I have experienced in the past five years is palpable, real, should be not be taken lightly. But in the end, I am not a slave to fear. I am free.

So, as I train my thoughts heavenward and as I instead choose to enter into the joy and celebration of this time, my heart is full.

Martin and I have this sense that our lives are changing, transforming, growing, and deepening. And right in the center of all of that - in the arms of Jesus -is Abeni.

Can't WAIT to meet her. Can"t wait for all of you to meet her as well.

Please keep us in your prayers - prayers for peace, safety, smooth travel and transitions, and joy.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Because you are leaving the one group, I came directly to your blog to wish you luck and safe travels, to congratulate you on your first mother's day and meeting your daughter. I am so happy for you :)
Amanda
Salamanda1920@aol.com